Terms and Conditions
- No alteration or variations to these Terms and Conditions will be accepted or interpreted unless agreed in writing with the Company, prior to hire. Company Employees / Contractors are not authorised to make any changes or variations to these Conditions of Hire.
The Company reserves the right to add to, alter or amend or withdraw any of these terms or conditions without notice. Any typographical, clerical or other error in any sales literature, quotation or price list, acceptance of offer, invoice or other document or information issued by the Company shall be subject to correction without any liability on the part of the Company.
PART A (Company's Obligation)
- The Company shall strive to ensure that the service, as stated overleaf, is executed to the best of its ability.
- The Company will endeavour to ensure that delivery / collection dates are met. Due to the nature of this service no delivery times can be guaranteed. Delivery times are on the date booked; between 0730 –1600. The Company shall not be liable for any consequential losses, expenses, liabilities, claims or proceedings howsoever caused by, or arising out of, the late delivery, non-delivery, or unsuitability of the equipment.
- The Company / Contractor shall indemnify the Customer to any loss of or damage to the Customers property due to negligence by a Company operative. The Company shall not however be liable, under this clause, if the Customer is in breach of any of its obligations as detailed in Part B.
- The Company will provide containers in the following sizes; Mini, Midi, Builders, Drop Door, Covered, Slinging, and Roll on / off (Ro-Ro)
- Except as specifically otherwise agreed in writing the Company agrees to dispose of the contents of the skip in accordance with the terms of this contract.
- The Company shall not incur any further obligations or liability in connection with this service.
Part B (Customer's Obligations)
- The Customer agrees to the Conditions of Hire Service and shall pay the Company the Charges specified overleaf or additional charges for disposal or return of Non acceptance waste(s) as listed below. The Customer agrees that they will pay the Company reasonable charges of dealing with any of the contents of any skip which do not comply with the terms of this contract. The Customer signs a single or multiple consignment / transfer note declaring the waste type and that the waste is accurately described when completing the transfer note.
- The customer, or representative of, must be present for delivery and removal of the container. Containers requiring relocation will incur a further transport charge.
- The Customer shall not cause the Company to carry, store or dispose of substances covered by the Hazardous Waste Regulations 2006 or materials likely to cause; explosion, combustion, injury or damage during its removal, storage or disposal. None of the following items may be place in the container without prior written approval; Refrigerators, Freezers, Tyres, Asbestos, Televisions, Computers, Monitors, Mattresses, Gas Cylinders, Batteries, Liquid waste (No cans, bottles or other liquid containers are to be placed in the skip unless they are dry, free from liquid, residues and open for inspection.), Sharps or any other poisonous, noxious or polluting materials. Any of the above materials, placed in the container, will incur additional charges for their correct disposal or will need collecting by the customer.
- The Customer will provide suitable access and surface area for the purpose of this service. (Depending on the type of surface additional protection may be required as containers and vehicles can weigh up to 18 tonnes.) The skip vehicle is invited off the highways onto private property at the Customers own risk. May we kindly draw your attention that tarmac, block paved, and patterned imprinted concrete driveways are at most risk. The Company cannot accept any liability for any costs incurred through damage to the Customers driveway or other property whilst delivering or collecting the skip off the public highway. Where the Company or the Driver are requested or directed to deposit or pick up a skip on or from a site which is off a highway or where delivery otherwise involves the passage of the vehicle over gratings, drains, roads, pavements, forecourts, yards, asphalt areas or any like areas the Company shall be under no liability whatsoever to the Customer for any damage howsoever caused whilst the vehicle is off the highway other than as shall be caused by negligent driving on the part of the driver. The Customer shall keep the Company indemnified against any claim or demand which could not have been made had the Driver not been so requested or directed. The Customer in addition will compensate the Company for any damage to the vehicle or the skip which would not have occurred had the Driver not been so requested or directed and which is not due to any negligence on the part of the Driver.
- The customer agrees to pay additional charges for unreasonable delay in delivery/collection caused by the customer or agent of. (Unreasonable delay time, excess of 10 minutes)
- The Customer shall notify the Company within 48 hours, of the service, details of any complaint or damage caused. Should the Customer fail to notify the Company within the stated time period the Company shall have no liability whatsoever. Complaints must be followed up in writing.
- The Customer agrees not to load the container above the level of the sides of the container. If the container is loaded above the level of the sides or in an unsafe manner the Customer is responsible for the reload\unload to render the container safe for transportation. (Containers loaded above the level of the sides will incur an additional charge per cubic yard).
- The Customer agrees to pay the Company a wasted journey charge for all skip orders that are cancelled after the delivery vehicle has left the depot and for any reason that the container may not be delivered / collected, in accordance with the transaction, as stated overleaf. Cancellations where payment was made by credit/debit cards will still incur an administration charge.
- The Customer, or agent of, shall not move the container from the deposited position without written approval from the Company. The Company may arrange the removal or repositioning of the skip if required at any time to do so by a highway authority or constable in uniform. The Customer shall be responsible for the reasonable additional cost thereof on the part on the Company.
- The Customer shall give the Company 72 hours notice that the container is ready for collection.
- The Customer agrees to pay late charges beyond the period of hire. Late charges will be incurred at a daily fixed rate.
- The Customer will be shown and will be responsible for the lighting and coning of containers, on permits, during the hours of darkness.
- The Customer shall be liable for damages sustained to the container by overloading, moving/loading with plant/machinery or fires.
A. Late cancellations will incur a £20.00 Administration fee.
B. Payment must be made before or on delivery by Cash or Credit/ Debit card over the telephone.
We do not accept cheques. Sorry for any inconvience.
Brunel Skips Ltd Registered Company 8016162